May 15, 2008

Bloggers United For Human Rights Day

Well, that is what I usually do but today it's extra important. May 15 is Bloggers Unite For Human Rights day!!! This event has spread like wildfire thanks to Amnesty International and Facebook. Check it out here.

Some the issues the group is hoping to see blogs promote are:

1. Human Rights in China. This is especially on our minds after their tragic 7.9 magnitude earthquake that struck over the weekend. Amnesty hopes you will sign a petition to Yahoo! to protect Internet free speech in China.

2. Check out tearitdown.org to find how to campaign for an end to the Guantanamo Bay detaining center.

3. The crisis in Darfur, Sudan, which includes civil war, genocide, poverty, rampant AIDS, and a serious lack in education and military stability. Amnesty has a petition you can sign to protect Darfur.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa McGlaun said...

I didn't pick those issues but blogged about the peril journalists are in covering war torn areas of the world.

It's great to see so many people involved in this blogging cause.

Lisa

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like how you are spreading the word about some of the problems we are having in the world. Maybe you could talk about all the things you mentioned in your blog more specifically. Other than that, I liked the fact that you are spreading the word about some important problems we are having in the world.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like how you are spreading the word about some of the problems we are having in the world. Maybe you could talk about all the things you mentioned in your blog more specifically. Other than that, I liked the fact that you are spreading the word about some important problems we are having in the world.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Bandanna Club said...

Well written and interesting content...for a less constructive view of Dubya, check out http://www.bandannaclub.com/b2blog/index.php/2008/06/16/bye_bush_a_poem

...keep up the good work. :-)

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Sire said...

Damn, I seemed to of missed this one. I haven't covered many human rights issues but I do have a blog that may be able to handle these issues.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Ted Cohen said...

Hey guys --

Be at peace. I have written a Bush memoir.

I am the Maine reporter who, well, check out my blog:

http://bushmemoir.blogspot.com

Michelle if you can put a link to my blog on yours I would love it. I will you too.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home